Sunday, September 18, 2016

Aortic Dissection Awarness Day Sept. 19

I would like to take the timeout to bring awareness to a condition that is call the silent killer. Aortic Rupture, Aortic Dissection, and Aortic Aneurysm kill up to 80% of their victims without warning and are often misdiagnosed as heart conditions; while both require immediate emergency medical attention, the protocol used to treat a heart condition can kill someone with an Aortic emergency. These emergencies don’t discriminate based on age, ethnicity or sex and can happen to anyone - AT ANY TIME!! Just 3 years ago, a week after having my wonderful son. I was pumping breast milk for my son and as I went to stand up, it felt as if some one shook my heart. As I went to wake the father of my son up, I had a feeling that if I moved or even breathe to hard that it would be the end of me. My hubby didn't like the look on my face, he called my parents and my mom said call 911. Now, I'm not the one that likes to go to the hospital, I will just lay down or take a nap, but not this time. Once at the hospital that could not determine what was wrong, but they could see I was in a lot of pain. The pain was a deep back pain in the middle of my back.
Thank God the Doctor I had would not give up. I went for a MRI scan and there it was.... I was diagnosed with a Descending Dissection Aortic.
My December right before Christmas was spent in ICU for a week away from my family, but I thank God for his many blessings. Yes, I did make it home 3 days before Christmas. This has change my life and my family life in such a big way, but I'm so thankful. The Doctor, stated if I had waited the out come would not have been good and I would not be here today.
Please take a moment to show some love to the survivors, caregivers and those who’ve lost loved ones to this silent killer around the world on September 19th, 2016 and let's make an impact in the world. Your active participation and support creates the bond across lands and oceans that will make our mission indestructible!!! TOGETHER OUR VOICES WILL BE HEARD! TOGETHER WE WILL SAVE LIVES!! TOGETHER WE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD!!! There is not a lot of information or support, but some amazing people are making a difference. You can buy from my store https://www.endlessxpressions.com/rep/#kzk and I will donate 15% of all my sales this month or you can donate directly to http://donate.aorticwarriorswalk.org/ Aortic Warriors Walk will take place on the 18th of September. Thanks for the love & support! I have found so many amazing groups on FaceBook with great information and support.

21 comments:

  1. This is a eye opener post for me. I am glad you survived and can tell others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great post here! Amazing that you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is scary. Thank you for sharing. I never heard of this. But thank God you are able to deliver your testimony about it. Gd bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see that they found the problem so quickly! Great information about an important health issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg! I didn't know about this. Really happy for you, they found the problem and you survived!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is something I have never heard of before. I am glad you survived and you are able to share this with people who do not know of it. Thanks so much. May you continue to be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. not many people know the symptoms of this and it's such a quick killer too. Thank you for educating us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing that you were able to prevent such dire consequences from something so little know about. I'm grateful you are sharing your personal story for others too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an educational post. So glad that you are doing so well !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your amazing story! and for sharing warning about this issue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing your story, that was quite an experience and it would have been worse if you didn't act on it immediately. I'm glad the doctor kept trying as well. This day should definitely be recognized, my heart goes out to everyone who has gone through this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so scary! I'm so glad they caught it and that you were taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never heard of this. Thank God they caught it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, glad that you share this so we can be aware. I never thought of this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is very alarming. I experienced some pains in my chest, I should see a doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never heard about this before. Thanks goodness you shared it to everyone. I am now trying to search deeper about this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm really glad they could treat you on time and you are better now. I hadn't heard of Aortic Dissection, but thanks to your article I learned something new.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, you're really lucky to have had a great doctor. This is the first time I've heard of Descending Dissection Aortic and I'm sure it will stick in my mind now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is an eye opener. Glad your got lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are certainly bringing up a good cause. Sharing awareness with this is also important for any reader.

    ReplyDelete

D's Delightful Country Scents Candles

Wow! I have come across a candle company that is so amazing, with so many scents and accessories. You will fall in love with the soft feeli...